Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Bull" Twang!

Howdy!

Been a while! So many things to ponder, contemplate and write about, so little time to do it. But we roll on, despite. It's a speedy world!

And what would a speedy world be with people to make things just a little easier for you because of their ability to give of themselves? I tend to meet a lot of those people, and I am constantly amazed by the generosity & selflessness of some. Today I want to introduce you to Per "The Bull" Gyllingberg.

Per once held down the established svenskacountryartister.se website. He, over the years, invested more time promoting country music & country artists in Sweden than anyone else I know. With a passion for all things country - new - old - traditional - bluegrass - honky tonk - you name, it...Per was & still is supportive of it. His site helped give a lift to artists daring to showcase their brand of country in this country. I remember asking him if he was willing to put a small profile together for me back before I traveled to Nashville for the recording of my first album "Howlin' At The Moon". And of course he welcomed the opportunity with open arms. After a a number of years doing all of that work for free...he put it out to members that he would charge a small fee. Needless to say, I paid him a few years worth in advance. If it was country in Sweden you wanted to know about - that was the site to find all the information you needed.

Per takes care of relationships & I think is a great example of how to influence. When you give a lot, you attract the masses. His idea to break away from svenskacountryartisterna.com recently, to do his own thing, was a good choice I think. Why? Because I believe that some people took his work for granted. Not all, but some. Now Per is reviewing music that he loves at "The Bull's Place", and continuing to promote...but in a different way. I'll attach his link a little lower in this posting posting. You'll find that he is currently supporting the promotion of another Alan Jackson concert in Sweden coming up this summer.

Per has some serious Twang. "Bull" Twang! And I thank him a great deal for the contributions he has made to my artist career since late spring of 2007. Pay him visit at:


On my next post, some updates on the radio promotion thing - the good, the bad, and the ugly.

For example:
"Gary Allan struggles to get radio airplay how is this Gary Allan wannabee going to? That may sound negative...it's not intended to. He simply sounds a bit too much like Gary Allan. Which is not a bad thing at all! However, Gary Allan struggles to get airplay in Canada and the US with his unique sound. I wish Evan the best! He has talent."   

I would never want to be Gary Allan, who has been through a heavy period in his life after his wife committed suicide a few years back. But I am impressed with some of his music. Are the statements above a good, bad, or ugly? Well all three, but I'll explain more! See you next time...

Twang!

//E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments & responses welcome!